Wednesday, February 29, 2012

5 more hours

It's nobody's fault.

People are just too busy to fragment their modes of communications between email and facebook and phone and realtime.

Facebook makes it easy to kinda keep in touch with little postcards from your life or by posting an article you found interesting or infuriating. It's still a glimpse into who you are, even if it's not a 10 paragraph email about your day/week/month.

That said, I'll always prefer a letter or email for "real" communication. I just have to remember facebook's role - it's not a substitute for real life, and a "friend" on facebook might really be just an acquaintance or random connection. Unless that relationship gets developed, which requires mutual participation.

What I did like about this month is that it got me writing and exploring interesting blogs on the interwebs. There are a lot of interesting and creative people in the world and I hope to continue to happen upon them.

No comments: