Thursday, February 2, 2012

Poof.

Day 2 without facebook?

It's easier than I thought.

I miss a friend who operates her page like a salon, often asking questions of a personal nature and seeing how people respond. It's always interesting and her friends are sharp and thoughtful, too. One of my favorite things about her is that she changes her profile picture every day. Whether it's a funny cartoon, something of historical or current political significance, or a photo of something or someone from her life, I'm always interested to see what the next day will bring.

If she were to deactivate her account, all that creative intelligence and insight would be zapped in an instant. I couldn't go find that picture she posted on August 23rd - you know, that funny cartoon with the whale in it? poof.

The 30 comment threads on the first album you bought. poof.

Or, in my case, my brief announcement that I was withdrawing from facebook for the 29 days of February. If you missed it, it's not there any more and maybe (hopefully?) you're wondering where I am and what happened to your scrabble game. poof.

If you were off busy having a life and my little two line status was too far down in your queue and you didn't scroll far enough... poof. It's gone. I didn't un-friend you (what a weird word). I still like you.

So my pictures are gone and my status updates and my notes. poof.

I'm not sure if my snarky comments on your posts are still there. I think I'll talk to someone in real life and find out.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

She's one of the reasons I stay on FB.